Prep : 45 mins / Bake: 15 mins / Total : 30 mins
Serving : 30-40 small raviolis
My Show Stopper Slow Cooked Chicken
I try to save every single penny when I go grocery shopping since I cook a LOT haha! So when I see full chickens or turkeys at a good price I stock up. I have learnt over the years that the only thing I truly need is a slow cooker. THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE.
“I NEED A PASTA MACHINE”Me, many times.
My Top 4
- Roll out the dough as THIN as possible (Trust me).
- Wait a minute (or 30)
- No rolling pin? No problem!
- Freeze the remainder(amazing)
“MY ARMS HURT AND I NEED A PASTA MACHINE”Also me, many times
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3 eggs, plus 1 for the egg wash
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 chicken or 2-3 chicken breasts (see my simple slow cooked chicken recipe)
3 branches of celery (Chopped small)
1 Red onion (Chopped small)
1 Yellow onion (Chopped small)
3 Cloves of garlic (Chopped small or grated)
1 Cup Fresh or Frozen spinach (Chopped)
1 Jalapeno (Chopped small)
2 Tablespoons Lemon pepper
1 Tablespoon Cajan
1 Tablespoon black pepper
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp mayonnaise or sour cream or cream cheese
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Cubed chicken stock (crumbled)
3 Chopped shallots
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 Cup water
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add in the eggs all at once.
- Mix them together well using your hands gradually add the water.
Add the olive oil and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Form into a ball and leave in the bowl on the counter, covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
- Take a small piece of the dough and either run it through a pasta machine a few times OR use a rolling pin, some flour and a considerable amount of muscle to create a thin sheet.
- Cut circles out of the dough using a cookie cutter or a glass or you can create long rectangles ( see images)
- Fry the meat in olive oil until well browned.
- Mix in a large bowl the chopped spinach. chopped parsley, beaten eggs and the rest of the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the filling into the food processor bowl and pulse several times until the mixture is fine or mix by hand.
- Return the filling to the mixing bowl and refrigerate. (The filling is easier to work with when refrigerated.) The BEST part is that the filling can be frozen.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of half the circles OR Place 1 teaspoon of filling at 3 cm /centered. (see images)
- Lightly brush egg wash around the edge of the circle.
- Place the second circle on top over the filling and use a fork to crimp the edges all around.
- Continue with remaining pasta dough until all the dough or filling has been used.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add ravioli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Once they float to the top it is done. Drain pasta and toss with my creamy mushroom sauce or simply with olive oil.