Homemade Easy & Creamy Mushroom sauce !! This sauce goes perfectly with pasta, as a ravioli drizzle, on a steak and pretty much anything you want! Use your imagination and I am sure you could come up with a few. This sauce only requires a few simple ingredients and a few mins of your day.
Why should you love Mushroom? I want to know MORE
First thing first they are just amazing and you can’t go wrong with mushrooms. They’re fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Nutritional benefits vary depending on the type of mushroom. But overall, they are a good source of the following nutrients.
Prep : 10 mins / Chill: 5 mins / Total : 15 mins
Serving : 1/2 Cup (double or triple ingredients for more!)
4 tbsp butter or oil
1 pack of Mushrooms of choice, halved/sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 onion chopped very finley
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 cup cooking cream (15%)
1 cup milk mixed with 3 teaspoons corn flour/corn starch
1-2 tbsp lemon juice to taste
salt & pepper to taste
lemon pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the butter on medium/high.
- Add the onions & garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with the spices.
- Allow the mushrooms to fry until golden brown.
- Lower the heat to medium/ low then pour in the cooking cream & water then allow to simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened and cooked through.
- If needed add 1tsb of cornstarch to help thicken to sauce slightly.
- Season with lemon, herbs and more spices to taste.