The First thing that I would like to say is!!! They are Gluten free, You can put whatever meat you have crave! or you can go meatless! Tadaaaa. Yes I know AMAZING right.
Serving : 8 potato cakes
Prep : 20 mins / Cook: 30 mins / Bake: 15-20 mins (Optional) / Total :1h05 mins
1 kg potatoes
80g white rice flour (1/2 cup)
40 g cornstarch
lemon pepper, salt & pepper (to taste)
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
1/2 Cup mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Cajun
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cubes of cheese
1-2 cups vegetable oil, for cooking
- Peel potatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper and mash them with a potato masher.
- Do not over mash the potatoes!
- Allow the mashed potatoes to cool (in the meantime you can prepare the filling), then add flour and cornstarch and mix well with a spoon or your hands.
- Chop the veggies, fry the onion in a pan with a little bit oil for about 3-4 mins, add the mushrooms, garlic.
- Fry everything for a couple of mins, season with salt, pepper, and the spice mix.
- Add the Pulled pork and cook together for a few mins
- Split the dough into 8 parts (about 1/2 cup).
- Form into balls, make a well in the middle and add about one and a half tablespoons of the filling.
- Carefully “seal” the balls with a little bit more dough and flatten them slightly to make them look like thick pancakes.
- Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the potato cakes at medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- hey will be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- If you want them to be slightly more crunchy, you can bake them additionally for about 20 minutes at 375° in the oven.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !