Warm, tasty and filling! Yes it is my homemade chili! With extra cheese on top and a side of avocados, what more to ask for???
The best part of chili, is that ingredients are so easily substituted. Very easy to go meatless and still get all the protein needed from the beans.
Prep : 10 mins / Bake : 25 mins / Total : 35 mins
Servings : 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
2 celery branches, chopped
1 jalapeno, Chopped
¼ bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup spinach (Fresh or frozen)
1-pound lean ground beef
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 Spicy Italian Sausages, Chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can (19oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (19oz.) black turtle beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp Lemon pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef, sausages and spices to the pot, cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste, Stir until well combined.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained beans, and tomato sauce and all remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !