Potatoes! You can do so much with them! My Whiskey-Glazed Chicken and Shrimps,Potatoes Au Gratin, Potato Casseroles, Baked Potatoes, Hash Brown Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes and I am sure that I could think of 50 more. But today we talking about Mashed Potatoes !! This recipe has been around for hundreds and thousands of years (right?) and we all still CRAVE it !!!
Here is ” A Definitive Guide to 10 Types of Potatoes” that will surely help you know your potatoes better! #AlwaysLearning
Prep : 10 mins / Cook: 15-20 mins / Total : 25 mins
Serving : 2-3
2-3 russet potatoes peeled and chopped in cubes.
1 chicken/beef stock cube (adds flavor while boiling potatoes)
to taste Garlic butter/cloves or Epis seasoning
1/4 cup Milk or cream
1/4 cup butter (salted)
1-2 Scallions or Spring onion, chopped
1 cup of Cheese divided and shredded
2 tbsp lemon pepper,
salt to taste
The Potato Gallery
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and add the 2 chicken stock cubes.
- While the water is heating up, peel and chop the potatoes and optional ingredients into chunks.
- When the water starts to boil, place the potatoes in a saucepan, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Drain the potatoe water but keep a 2-3 tbsp of it in the saucepan.
- Start to mash the potatoes with the garlic or Epis seasoning and slowly add the milk, butter, potato water, 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
*if you like you mash super creamy, use a food processor, or use a hand mixer for a few seconds.
- Add seasoning to taste and add the spring onions and cheese on top.