During the Covid-19 Quarantine, my boyfriend’s mother really wanted us to try “healthier” sweets. So I agreed to try to make something yummy out of the follow ingredients. Will I always prefer chocolate and butter??? I hope so. But for today let’s try something a little more healthy. Why not right!?
After all this “healthiness” go try a batch of Cheesecake brownies #yourwelcome
If you love both Brownies and cheesecake and hate having to pick!! Why choose when you can have BOTH!! No you are not dreaming!!!Me!
Prep : 15 mins / Bake : 20 mins / Total : 40 mins
Servings : 6 Muffins (Double for more)
1/2 cup buckwheat & 7 grains flour (Found at bulk barn)
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup Poppy seeds
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted walnuts to sprinkle on top
3 tbsp honey
*If your taste buds are accustomed to the sweetness level of most baked goods, you might find that you’ll want a tad more sweetness, simply add an extra 1/4 cup of honey or 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In different bowl, mix the oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla & lemon extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
Fold the cranberries into the batter.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and, using an ice cream scoop, fill them three quarters of the way.
- Sprinkle the top with the walnuts and honey
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !