Apple muffins in the morning, apple muffins in the afternoon and why not in the evening!! What I am trying to say here is APPLE MUFFINS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!
This is a healthier alternative to chocolate chips muffins and to be honest I had a lot of apples and I really needed to use them up.
I love cinnamon so every time I have the chance to sprinkle some on, I definitely do!! Personally, I am not a big fan of nuts but if you are, feel free to add some walnuts or almonds for some extra crunch.
Prep : 5 mins /Cook: 5-10 mins/ Total : 10-15 mins
Servings : 12-16 muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour + 2 teaspoons for coating apples
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon for apples
3 cups diced apples
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line 12 hole with paper cups
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix 2 tsp of flour and cinnamon set asides for the apples. Toss diced apples with the flour/cinnamon mixture to coat apples in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes.
- Add an eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in diced apples and make sure that they are well incorporated into the muffins batter.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !