Did you know ???? There are other styles of cheesecake besides “New York.”
There’s Pennsylvanian, Philadelphian, Farmer’s, country, Chicagoan, Asian, Australian, German, Italian, Dutch, Greek, Brazilian, Colombian, and probably dozens more, and they all sound pretty incredible.
But today I made the commonly known New York Cheesecake!
Serving : One 9-inch cheesecake
Prep : 15 mins / Bake: 1 hour / Total : 1h15 mins
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
3 packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 large whole eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 ½ cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- Crust: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- For the crust, stir the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter until evenly combined and press this into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake this for 5 minutes, then cool. Brush the sides of the pan with a little melted butter.
- For the cheesecake: increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Beat the cream cheese & butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar a little at a time, and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
- Mix in the cornstarch, vanilla/almond extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, on a lower speed, and scraping after each addition, then beat in the yolk.
- Still on low speed, beat in Greek yogurt or sour cream. Poor this over the cooled crust.
- If you have Sprinkles NOW is the time to add them, be careful not to over mix because they will start to dissolve in the mix!
- Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes at 400ºF and then reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for 15-20 more minutes. You can tell that the cake is ready when it is no longer giggly in the center and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature, then carefully run a spatula around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan, then chill the cheesecake for at least 6 hours or before slicing and serving. If you need it to cool faster, simply store in fridge.
- Decorate & enjoy
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !