I have been looking for a recipe to use my rum extract (yes I bought it weeks before I knew what I wanted to make these ! You never know) This is the perfect recipe! Fast, tasty and with alcohol!! What more do you want?
Prep : 15 mins / Cook : 14-19 mins : Total: 34 mins
Servings : 18-24 cupcakes
1 White or Vanilla box cake mix
3 large eggs
1 1/4 Milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp Rum extract
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp dark rum, plus up to 2 tablespoons more, as needed
1/2 cup frozen whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Make The box cake mix as indicated on the back of the box.
- Add the rum extract to the batter and mix well.
- Add the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each liner 2/3-3/4 of the way full (do NOT overfill) and bake for 14-19 minutes or until the dome have risen and full.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium-low speed, beat sugar, butter, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons rum until blended.
- Increase speed to medium-high; beat until light and fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add the whipped cream
- Beat in more rum as needed for desire consistency for frosting.