A simple Cake Box mix can really come in handy when you are low on time, lazy of both!! Super easy to upgrade in to amazing cakes or cupcakes. Today I went with pinata cupcakes because I felt like it and they are sooo pretyyyyy!!!!
Prep : mins / Cook : 14-19 mins Total: mins
Servings : 18 – 24 cupcakes
1 White or Vanilla box cake mix
3 large eggs
1 1/4 Milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Candies to fill the cup cakes
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup forzen whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Make The box cake mix as indicated on the back of the box.
- Divide the batter in the amount of colors you wish to have.
- Add 1-2 drops of food dye to the batter and mix well.
- Add the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each liner 2/3-3/4 of the way full (do NOT overfill) and bake for 14-19 minutes or until the dome have risen and full.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before continuing.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, use a knife to cut a hole about 1″ in diameter and 1″ deep into the center of each cupcake.
- I make a hole using the knife and gently lift out the center. Cut the bottom off of each insert and set aside the top, which will serve as the plug for your cupcakes.
- Fill each carved hole with candies/sprinkles (about 1 Tbsp), filling just below the brim of the cupcake. Top with your cupcake plug and gently press down.
- Frosting: In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk and whipped cream.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar, Top cupcakes with vanilla frosting.