If you have never tried this simple but amazing dessert it is about time. It is definitely not the most prettiest pouding out there but OMG it is addictive.
All you need is a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboards
Prep : 15 mins / Cook : 35 / Total: 50 mins
Servings : 8
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter with an electric mixer, add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the milk and the flour to the mixture and combine well.
- Bring the sauce ingredients to a boil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Turn off heat once mixture starts to bubble, stir, and set aside.
- Transfer batter to the prepared dish and pour the maple-cream sauce on top, stopping between 1/2 to 1-inch from the top of the dish. Keep any extra sauce.
- Bake for 30-45 mins or until pudding is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.