It’s Hot and beautiful outside and I understand that most people what to spend less time in the kitchen possible! Here is a super fast and fluffy, tender-moist chocolate loaf cake!
A simple Cake Box mix can really come in handy when you are low on time, lazy of both!! Super easy to upgrade in to amazing cakes, loafs or even cupcakes. Today I was CRAVING for some chocolate and what goes amazingly well with chocolate??? Yess coffee!!! So i added a bit of espresso!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 35 mins Total: 45 mins
Servings : 8
1 Chocolate fudge box cake mix
3 large eggs
1 1/4 Milk
2 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cream cheese. room temperature
3 tbsp vanilla or almond extract
1 hershey milk chocolate bar, broken up
1 cup Chocolate chips (choice of white, milk or dark chocolate)
1/2 cup chocolate, grated (For topping)
2 tbsp nescafe gold instant espresso powder
3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the loaf pan with parchment paper , this will help you remove the cake later on.
- Add the box mix, oil, milk, dutch cocoa powder and eggs to a large bowl, then mix very well (hand mixers are great for this)
- Add the vanilla extract and softened cream cheese and mix until well combined
- Heat up the water, add the espresso powder then add to the bowl and mix.
- Add in the broken up chocolate bar and chocolate chips to the mix.
- Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan and then sprinkle 1/2 of the grated chocolate on top (You will add the other 1/2 when the cake is 10 minutes before done)
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Check your cake on the early side to avoid over-cooking.