This recipe will definitely be a crowd pleaser!! I like to think of this dish as a combination of general tao chicken and stir-fry with a hit sweet and sour sauce!
Prep : 20 mins / Cook : 15 mins Total: 35 mins
Servings : 2
1 Chicken Breast
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
1/4 red cabbage, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
2 Shallots, Chopped
1 bell pepper, Chopped
Oil for frying
1 jar of sweet and sour sauce
2 tbsp Lemon pepper
1 tbsp Cajun pepper
1 tbsp Red chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according the to package instructions.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Cut the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and place them into a bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and seasoning then add chicken bites and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Toss the chicken bite in the breadcrumbs then set them aside ready to cook.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil in a Wok over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the wok and cook until golden brown, then remove from wok into a bowl and set a side.
- Cook the veggies for 2-3 minutes then add the chicken and sauce then cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.