The thing I love about lasagna is that you can make it However you want!! I see no rules here. You hate pasta? Try Zucchini pasta as a substituent you will love it! Your vegetarian?? Fine throw away the meat. Your a picky eater??? Listen try it and if you don’t LOVE it…. Will to bad and I am sorry !
Prep : 20 mins /Cook: 40 mins/ Total : 1h
Servings : 4-6
4 Italian sausage (mild & spicy)
1 Pound of ground beef
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Chopped shallots
2-4 Cloves of garlic, Chopped
1 Red onion, Chopped
1 Yellow onion, Chopped
2 celery branches, Chopped
1 orange bell pepper, Chopped
8-10 mushrooms, Chopped
1 Jalapeno, Chopped
Cherry Tomatoes, Chopped
1 cup frozen spinach
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
6-8 oven ready lasagna noodles
1 large block of cheddar cheese, shredded
4 tbsp Lemon pepper
3 tbsp Cajun
3 tbsp All purpose seasoning (Island spices)
¼ cup Parsley
2 tbsp Thyme
1 tbsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot or wok on medium-high.
- Add all the chopped veggie with half of the spices and cook for 3-4 minutes then set aside.
- Season the meats with the reaming spices then add to heat (add more oil if needed).
- Add the tomato paste and cook with the meat until nice a brown.
- Combine the veggie and meats and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and mix until well combined.
- Add more spices to taste then let the sauce simmer on low while you prepare the lasagna.
**Since the dish I selected was round, I boiled the oven ready lasagna noodles for 2-3 mins to make them easier to cut. However, if you selected a rectangular dish this would not be necessary.
- Start with the noodles on the bottom, then continue to layer with sauce cheese and the frozen spinach until the dish is full.
- Keep some cheese for the last 5 minutes of cooking to give the lasagna a crispy brown finish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then add the cheese on top for the last 5 minutes.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !