I was craving for some red meat and if you ask me there is nothing better than some steak!! Today I was inspired by the Philly cheesesteaks sandwich! Here is what I came up with. Enjoy
Prep : 20 mins / Cook : 50 mins / Total :1h10 mins
1 1/2 lb flank steak
1/4 cup epis seasoning
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 medium potatoes,quartered
2 chicken cube stocks
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp caribbean garlic spices
1 red bell pepper, chopped small
1 yellow pepper, cut in julienne
1 jalapeno, chopped small
1 red onion, cut in julienne
6 Cheddar slices
1/2 block of cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- The Steak seasoning: In a large bowl, combine the steak with the epis seasoning and Worcestershire sauce, let marinate in fridge for at least 1h.
- The potatoes: Start by boiling the potato wedges in a large pot of water with the chicken stock for 5 minutes(do not over cook).
- While the potatoes are boiling, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, mix the olive oil and 3 tablespoon butter. When butter is melted, add potatoes wedges. Cook for about 4 minutes, stir and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until potatoes wedges are golden and fork-tender. Transfer sauteed potatoes to oven safe dish and set aside.
- The Steak: Keep the same pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons butter. Add the steak and the marinade in the pan. Cook the steak on each side for 4 minute, until nicely browned on the outside but still medium rare on the inside – Keeping the drained steak marinade for later.
- Remove the steak from heat and sliced against the grain then in cubes, set aside.
- The Sauce: In the same pan combien all the sauce ingredients and simmer on medium high heat for 5 minutes, add more water if sauce is to thick.
- Assembly: In the dish were the potatoes wedges are, add the cheese slices on top, then sprinkle evenly the remaining chopped vegetable, add the steak, then the sauce and finally topped with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy with some sour cream and hot sauce!