Soup season is upon us!!!! Fall is the perfect time to wipe out your winter soup recipes and to discover new ones. Here is my new favorite, the broth is a roasted red pepper and coconut milk base, filled with shrimps and fried chicken! Trust me you can not go wrong.
Prep : 20 mins / Cook : 20 mins Total: 40mins
Servings : 2-3
1 package chow mein stir-fry noodles
1 can coconut milk
3/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
1 1/2 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 tsp chili powder
3 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
10-12 raw shrimps, cleaned
1 chicken breast, cut in small chucks
Fried chicken : Click to see ingredients and instructions
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 lime, cut in wedges
2-3 hard boil eggs
- The Soup: Combine coconut milk and red bell peppers in blender until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste, ginger and chili powder until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and coconut milk mixture, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken breast chucks, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and cook for 5 more minutes or until shrimps are pink. stir in lime juice.
- Fried Chicken: Fry the chicken by following my chicken burger recipe
- Serve immediately with noodles, fried chicken, garnished with red onion, bean sprouts, cilantro and lime, if desired.