This sweet and moist spice cake will definitely hit the spot! Topped with some rich cream cheese frosting.
Prep : 30 / Cook: 20-25 / Total : 55 min
Serving : 1 x9″ cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups grated carrots
For the cream cheese frosting:
1 package brick style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9-inch round cake pans well with non stick cooking spray and line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper for easier removal) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add the grated carrots into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter evenly between both prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are set and a toothpick inserted into the center of each one comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans for about 15 minutes. Make the Frosting in the meantime.’
- Mix the Frosting ingredients together until well combined.
To assemble the cake:
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand, top with a little over 1/2 cup of the frosting, and smooth it out into one even layer.
- Place the other cake on top and use the remaining frosting to frost the top and sides of the cake. Top with pecans or other toppings of choice if desired.